Last Updated on
Note: I would like to thank the TSIM team for providing me with the USA International SIM card. However, this is a completely unbiased review of the product, based on my personal experience after using the SIM for a month.
If you are a frequent international traveler or someone who loves to explore the world. I am sure, Mobile connectivity is always a concern. Of course, most of the hotels these days offer free WIFI connectivity and you can also get connected at airports and many public places. But when it comes to being constantly available and connected. It’s surely a challenge.
Recently, I traveled to the USA for a month. Check out my latest blog on the best places to visit in New York.
Being a digital content creator, most of my work requires internet connectivity. Depending only on WIFI to stay connected was not feasible and I was looking for more. During my earlier trips, I used some popular international SIM cards or opted for international roaming, but I always faced some challenges or the other activating them or managing the expense.
This time, thanks to TSIM international card, I had a great trip with excellent connectivity. Sharing my experience and review of their USA International SIM card.
Pre-Paid SIM Card by TSIM
TSIM offers pre-paid SIM cards with free India calling facility from abroad. This card comes with Voice, SMS as well as Data usage facility. You can opt for a SIM card that can be used either in a single country or the one which can be used in multiple countries. (if you are traveling to different countries)
The best thing about the pre-paid card is that you don’t need to worry about the expenses or bills shooting up beyond expectations. You can be stress-free and use the facility to the fullest.
Product offerings & Pricing
TSIM offers International SIM cards for different countries and based on the duration of travel or usage the cost varies. However, the Starting price is INR 1489.
Since I required unlimited high-speed data usage for a month, I opted for the below plan, which cost INR 5000.
Unlimited 4G Data (High coverage with Hotspot)
Plan included – check out more plans here
- Unlimited High-Speed Data
- Unlimited incoming, local and India call.
- India calling using 2 stage dialing.
- Hotspot. (10 GB)
- High Coverage network based on AT&T – great for national parks and remote areas.
- Also covers Canada and Mexico (without Hotspot)
- 4G LTE Frequencies: Band 2 (1900 MHz), Band 5 (850 MHz), Band 12/17 (700 Mhz)
- APN: “phone”. Set automatically.
Some other benefits of these prepaid cards were
- This card is pre-activated, and you get the number before.
- The card can be shipped to your address through normal delivery or speed delivery
- Customer service was good, they called in advance to check the model of my phone, to make sure that SIM works with my phone.
- You can reach the customer care over the mail and they reply promptly.
- I loved the packaging with which the product came. The cardholder was nice.
- Data speed was very good and at most of the places, I faced no issues. I could easily upload the pictures and videos too.
- There were no issues like buffering etc. while watching the videos.
- Places where the phone services dint work was Grand Canyon, drive from Grand Canyon to Page (Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend)
- For calls to India, I found the process of 2 stages calling a bit cumbersome as you need to type 2 numbers each time. However, the calls connected to both landlines and mobiles all the time.
- Overall the experience was satisfactory, and I don’t mind opting for their services again for my International travel.
Cute Gift that I received!
I also received an option to choose from one of the 3 travel-related products as the gift with my purchase.
Points to remember
- Do make sure to order the SIM in advance so that it reaches you on time and you don’t have to pay extra for speedy delivery.
- Check your handset and phone model before placing the order to ensure that the SIM works with your phone.
- DO activate the SIM while you are in India to avoid hassles or any follow-ups later.
To get the SIM for your travel. Check out