Nadugani! A place we never heard of until we visited this quaint little gem near Ooty. What made this trip even more special was the resort we stayed at. Misty Grove, a beautiful resort nestled in lush green forest and hills of Nadugani. A perfect place for those seeking tranquillity and natural beauty. Having spent a rejuvenating weekend at this hidden spot, I am excited to share our experience at the resort. So let me start with an overview of this serene paradise.
Where is Nadugani ?
Nadugani is a beautiful region located in the Gudalur taluk of Nilgiris district in Tamil Nadu, India. Known for its lush green landscapes, tea plantations, and serene surroundings, this lesser-known destination offers a tranquil and offbeat experience.
Golden orange morning sky with a backdrop of lush green coffee plantation glistening in the morning sun and the silhouette of mountains. Walking barefoot on the dewy grass, I could hear the chirping of the birds and the sound of water gushing from the small canal. The morning at Misty Grove Nadugani left an unmatched impression on my mind.
About the Resort: Misty Grove
Set in the foothills of Nilgiris, Misty Grove is a luxury resort with unmatched tranquillity and scenic vistas. The best part is you don’t have to go far to get here, as the resort is situated right on the main road (Mudumalai) yet it’s peaceful and quiet. With 8-10 luxury cottages, Misty Grove offers a relaxed getaway for the whole family.
We started our journey early morning from Bangalore. It took us around 5-6 hours to reach Misty Grove. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the warm and friendly staff and the refreshing aroma of the surrounding forest. The check-in was quick and hassle-free. We opted for the luxury cottage, known as Casa Orchid, which was more like a suit, with a separate living room and bedroom.
Our cottage exceeded our expectations. It was impeccably clean, spacious, and elegantly furnished. The contemporary decor and chalet style roof perfectly complemented the natural comfortable sleep for the whole family. I loved the en-suite bathroom, with a glass wall, a rain shower and premium toiletries it was a retreat in itself.
Resort offers 2 categories of cottages, the deluxe cottage is called Casa Heliconia (one room)
The luxury cottage is called Casa Orchid which has a living room along with a bedroom. Some of their cottages also have a kitchen.
Amenities and Facilities
Misty Grove Resort offers a variety of amenities to keep the whole family entertained. From the grass lawn overlooking the coffee plantations to the kid’s park. They also offer indoor games like carom, pool etc, conference room, conference hall for functions and corporate events. We spent the lazy morning sipping our coffee on the lush green lawn, soaking in the serene atmosphere. Nature and adventure enthusiasts can explore nearby hiking trails.
Dining at Misty Grove was a culinary delight. The resort’s restaurant served a delectable array of traditional Kerala dishes during lunch. The breakfast buffet was a highlight, offering a variety of options to suit all tastes. I particularly enjoyed savouring local delicacies, which were bursting with flavour. The highlight was the candlelit dinner we enjoyed under the starlit sky, accompanied by barbeque, bonfire and live music.
Honestly, we were amazed at the enthusiasm that the staff at Misty Grove had. It’s one of the very few places where the staff was so committed towards their place of work. They were warm, helpful, super responsive and genuine. They made sure to take us to the popular spots in the city. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience and the personalized attention received at the property.
Location and surroundings
Misty Grove is situated around 265 km away from Bangalore. The best part about the resort is its proximity to the popular hill stations Ooty and Wayanad. Misty Grove is just 16 km (approx.) from Mudumalai National Park, 60 km from Ooty and 55 km from Wayanad. Situated in the heart of nature, the resort’s location was its greatest asset.
Places to visit around the Misty Grove
- Nadugani Dam: This dam is a popular attraction in Nadugani, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding hills and valleys.
- Tea Gardens: The region is dotted with tea estates, and a visit to one of them is a must. You can take a guided tour to learn about the tea-making process, enjoy a cup of freshly brewed tea, and explore the picturesque tea gardens.
- Mudumalai National Park: While not exactly in Nadugani, Mudumalai National Park is nearby and worth a visit. You can go on a wildlife safari to explore the park’s natural wonders.
- Gudalur Town: Gudalur, is a nearby town, where you can visit the local markets, interact with the friendly residents, and try some local cuisine at the eateries in the town.
- Needle Rock Viewpoint: Located about 15 kilometres from Nadugani, the Needle Rock Viewpoint offers panoramic views of the surrounding valleys and forests.
- Genepool Eco Park : All though not very well maintained, this ecological park offers a beautiful view of the valley
Tips & recommendation
Here are a few things you must consider while visiting Nadugani.
- Don’t miss the sunrise view from the resort. Enjoy a cup of coffee on their lawn while enjoying the view
- Take a guided hike to fully explore the natural beauty around the resort.
- Don’t miss the opportunity to try the local dishes at Forest Breeze.
- Pack comfortable walking shoes for the guided treks.
Overall Experience: 4.5/5
In conclusion, Misty Grove Resort provided me with an enchanting escape into nature’s embrace. The combination of stunning surroundings, exceptional service, and comfortable accommodation made for an unforgettable experience. I wholeheartedly recommend Misty Grove Resort to anyone seeking a serene retreat amidst nature’s splendours.
you can check out more details about this beautiful resort here
Like it ! Pin it !