Apart from Relaxing and exploring a new place, getting perfect shots at the most instagrammable places in a destination is everybody’s top agenda these days. While it may not be true for everyone (like my husband) but for most of us it is. Do you agree with me?
For all my friends who are active on Social Media, today I am sharing some of the top instagrammable places in one of the World’s most popular cities (and one of my favorites too), New York. Even if you are not crazy about Instagram, these are some of the most beautiful and unique places that NYC has to offer. Capturing your perfect moments here will make memories that you can cherish forever.
Top Instagrammable places in New York City
1. Central Park, New York – Located between the upper East side and upper Westside of Manhattan, Central Park offers multiple instagrammable spots to capture, that picture-perfect moment. Especially if you are visiting during the fall or winter season. Some of the most popular and stunning spots in Central Park are the Pond, Gapstow Bridge, Carousel, Mall & Literary walk, Bethesda terrace and fountain, Belvedere Castle, Bow bridge, etc. If you are visiting Central park for the first time, check out this guide for complete detail
Timing: 6 am to 1.00 am
2. Empire state building – One of the most iconic landmarks in New York City, Empire state building has been featured in many popular movies. The observatories at 86th and 102nd floors provide a breathtaking view of the city. Whether you visit the Empire State building during the day or night, It is one of the best spots to capture the Bird’s eye view of the city.
Timing: 8 am to 2 am
3. Flatiron building – I am sure you would have seen pictures of this unique building somewhere or the other. The 22 stories, 285 feet tall, this narrow triangular building was built in 1902 and is located at 175 fifth avenue in the flatiron district. It houses mainly publishing houses, a few restaurants, and shops. Flatiron is popular amongst photographers and artists. So, do ensure to stand in front of this building during early morning or late night to get your perfect Instagram shot.
4. The Times Square –One of the most favorite and happening spots amongst Instagrammers. Times Square glitters with colorful neon lights, digital billboards on skyscrapers, lively music, street artists and much more. This is one place you wouldn’t want to miss out. For best and most dramatic pictures, visit The Times Square during the night.
5. Brooklyn Bridge – The world’s first steel-wire suspension bridge and one of the oldest in the United States, the Brooklyn Bridge is a landmark location in NYC. It is also one of the most photographed locations and you can often spot it on Instagram. Walking from one end of the bridge to the other is an amazing experience, you can also take some stunning pictures in the backdrop of the NYC skyline and East river.
Tip: Visit the bridge early in the morning, to get the perfect light and less crowd.
6. The Vessel, Hudson Yards – Perfect example of extraordinary architecture, The Vessel will amaze you. This Honeycomb structure is one of the newly opened attractions in New York. With multiple symmetric staircases leading you to the top, the Vessel has a unique background and is a perfect spot for some stunning pictures. Book your tickets in advance, as they are limited in number.
Timings: 10 am to 9 pm
7. Dumbo (Washington street)– Once you cross the Brooklyn bridge (from Manhattan to Brooklyn) you will come across another popular photo spot, that DUMBO. There is a spot between the narrow lane (Washington street) from where you can capture a glimpse of Empire state building in between one of the iron pillars of the bridge. Since you have to stand in the middle of the road, be careful of the vehicles, also grab the first opportunity to get the street a bit empty. Else you need to edit your pictures and remove the extra elements from it.230th Rooftop Bar – What could be a better experience then, Enjoying your drinks and food in New York’s largest rooftop garden bar. 230th Rooftop bar offers a magnificent view of Empire state building. The distinctive igloo-shaped sit-outs (Available from November to May) is one of the main reasons for it to feature in the list of top instagrammable places in New York. Visit the Bar during the night to get the best lights and effects.
Timings: 2 pm to 2 am
8. The Oculus Mall at The World Trade Center – Another spot with unique modern design. The largest shopping mall in Manhattan, The Oculus or Westfield world trade center is an amazing place not only for shopping but also to click some excellent and creative pictures.
Timings: 10 am to 9 pm
9. New York Stock exchange, Manhattan – This iconic building needs no introduction. Located on 11 wall street in Lower Manhattan, NYSE is by far the world’s largest stock exchange by the Market capitalization of its listed companies. You wouldn’t want to miss the opportunity to get a picture in front of this Iconic building.
10. Wallstreet, Manhattan – Explore the world-famous wall street in Manhattan and you will come across many spots which are just picture perfect. Be it the tall and awe-inspiring skyscrapers, the classic buildings or other popular iconic spots. Some of the popular buildings are trinity church, Federal hall, one wall street, The corner, The board exchange, etc. Tip: It’s best to explore wall street by foot (in fact the whole of Lower Manhattan) so that you can appreciate the uniqueness and grandness of every building.
11.Grand Central Station – Get transported to the past at the Grand Central Terminal. The historical landmark situated in Midtown Manhattan is not just a transport hub but a timeless piece of beauty. The Grand Central terminal also houses shops, restaurants and a full calendar of events. Be ready with your camera to click those classic moments that you can treasure and cherish later.
Timings: 5.30 am-2 am
12. Street art (Near One world) – If you are fond of street art, look no further, just step out of the Oculus mall and you can find a huge wall with vibrant colors and patterns on your right side. This wall works as an excellent backdrop for some awesome pictures. Although New York has many other places with beautiful street art, finding many photographic locations in one area can save a lot of time, money and energy. Here are 2 quick tips: Visit this place during the day or noon to get the best natural light. Wear light or solid colored clothes to create the perfect contrast.
13. Red Cube square at 140 Broadway- While walking on the streets of Lower Manhattan, amidst the tall and pale skyscrapers, you would come across a bright red Cube, the perfect spot for some Insta worthy pictures. Isamu Noguchi’s Red Cube was installed in 1968 and it provides a strong contrast to its surroundings with its bright color and diagonal lines, against the white, black and pale-colored vertical and horizontal buildings.
14. 230th Rooftop Bar – What could be a better experience then, Enjoying your drinks and food in New York’s largest rooftop garden bar. 230th Rooftop bar offers a magnificent view of Empire state building. The distinctive igloo-shaped sit-outs (Available from November to May) is one of the main reasons for it to feature in the list of top instagrammable places in New York. Visit the Bar during the night to get the best lights and effects.
Timings: 2 pm to 2 am
15. Jane’s Carousel – Located on the waterfront in the Brooklyn Bridge Park, Jane’s Carousel is a beautifully carved wooden carousel with 48 horses. This classic carousel was built in 1922 and is still functional. Apart from experiencing a ride on it, this carousel along with the magnificent view of the Brooklyn Bridge and East river provides an excellent spot to capture some beautiful and fun moments. Visit the park during the day for some fun pics, whereas during the night to capture stunning night vistas.
Timings: 11 am to 6 pm
16. The Battery Park, Lower Manhattan – Capture the mesmerizing Sunset view of Statue of Liberty, standing tall amidst Hudson River, with the silhouettes of the ferries passing by. Battery park is a place where you can enjoy your evening and capture some beautiful moments.
Timings: 6 am to 12 am
17. Pier A Harbor house – After admiring the view from the Battery park, Hop to the next building, that’s Pier A Harbor house. One of Manhattan’s finest sunset viewing and dining spots. Enjoy your drink and the breathtaking evening view. And don’t forget to photograph the stunning vistas.
Timings: 11 am to 2 am
18. Rockefeller Center, Observation deck– Situated in Midtown Manhattan, the building is best known for housing the headquarters of New York Studios of Television network NBC, as well as the Rainbow Room restaurant. The best part is from the Top of the rock observatory, you can view the New York Skyline along with other skyscrapers.
Timings: 8 am to 12 am
19. Pietro Nolita – Get mesmerized by the light pink hues of this amazing Italian restaurant, located at 174 Elizabeth Street. Perfect place to capture Instagram worthy pictures while enjoying sumptuous Italian cuisine.
Timings: 11 am to 11 pm
20. Friend’s Apartment Building – If you are a fan of Friends Series, this is a place you would surely love to visit and capture in your camera. The building is located at 90 Bedford street at the corner of Grove Street.
Friends, whether you are traveling to New York for the first time or you are a frequent traveler, whether you care to share your pictures on Instagram or just love to cherish the memories later. Visit these incredible places and clicking a few pictures is a must. Which is your favorite instagrammable place in New York? Do share in the comments below.
Like it! Save it!
Travel & lifestyle blogger, marketing & brand consultant
More stories #madhuonthego