Last Updated on
Spending much more time at home then you have ever been?
How are you utilizing this time?
Do you feel the day pass by just like that doing nothing?
You are not the only one who feels the same!
The whole world has come to a standstill. Ever imagined something as small as a virus can threaten the very existence of our world. This situation seems like a plot straight out of some movie, the only difference, this is all a reality!
Social distancing, social isolation, stay at home are the words you can see and hear everywhere. While staying at home is an absolute necessity to curb the spread of infection, at the same time staying at home all day, is a torturous experience for some.
If you are a full-time or part-time traveler or just somebody who is fond of traveling, I am sure you will agree with me.
In this uncertainty, it’s important to use your time and energy creatively, so you don’t lose your mind, stay motivated and all geared up for future adventures.
Here are a few ideas to spend your time without losing your interest on your travel goals.
Create a vision board of your Wish list–
Do you have a Wishlist of places to visit before you say goodbye to the world? If not, what are you waiting for? Do your research, check travel websites, blogs, travelers post and list down places you wish to visit once in your life. If possible create it visually with a collage of pictures. A vision board, you can see every day and imagine yourself being at all these places. Remember imagination is a powerful thing.
2. Update/Modify your Bucketlist – Before all this started, I had plans for Goa, Andaman, Singapore, and Malaysia in the first quarter itself. We had to cancel all of it( Except for Goa). Many of you would have gone through the same situation. Don’t lose hope. Modify your bucket list for the second half of the year, consider safer options. I would trade-off a trip to a touristy place with a local trekking experience or a not so crowded offbeat destination. Exploring lesser-known places is any day a great option. Idea is to keep the alternate plan ready and invest your time researching everything about those places, right from Hotels to best places to eat, to travel options and everything in-between. This makes you more aware and give you time to save by finding the best deal.
3. How about learning a new language – If your bucket list includes visiting a new country ( or a new state with a different language ), it’s a good idea to start learning that language right away. Knowing the local language always fun and gives you an added advantage especially in the foreign land. Many apps available these days to help you learn foreign languages. So get going now!
4. Let’s do some exotic cooking – Research says learning a new skill is one of the best ways to improve your memory and keep your brain healthy. And what is better than learning to cook some exotic recipes from the places you wish to travel. Bring out the chef in you and start experimenting, who knows you may surprise yourself.
5. Style your looks & outfits for your next trip – Take a closer look at your wardrobe and you may discover the hidden treasure. This always happens to me. Do you have the same story? Start planning your looks for the next trip. Get creative, mix and match your clothing to create interesting new combinations. After all, your appearance plays an important role in creating a desirable impression. Be it a business trip or a leisure one, dressing right not only creates a positive image but also uplifts your mood.
6. Movie time to inspire your wanderlust – This is the perfect time to do some binge-watching. Nothing can boost your mood like a good movie. They take you to places, fire your imagination and inspire your wanderlust. It also helps you switch off from all the worries for some time and help you relax. Watch out some of the best travel movies of all time and enjoy the magnificent view of the globe virtually. If mystery and suspense is your cup of tea, then check out these series on Netflix, enjoy the incredible view from multiple locations along with the nail-biting stories.
7. Read travel-related books – Probably the best time to catch up on some reading. Check out popular travel books, magazines on travel stories, browse through your favorite travel blogs for travel inspiration.
Ultimately remember, nothing lasts forever and this will also pass. In the meantime, let’s prepare ourselves and be ready with the plans to explore this beautiful world once again!
Do you have any other activity to add to? Do share it in the comment section!
like it! Save it for later!