Nature and Adventure activities have been a real fascination for me. Especially the travel & adventure shows on the television always entice me. That’s why the idea of a day outing at Nature Adventure Camp (near Bangalore) thrilled me.
This was an office outing, which was packed with adventure activities & loads fun in the beautiful natural surroundings, just a few kms away from Bangalore. It was a welcome break from the hectic and noisy city life.
Here is my review of this beautiful weekend gateway and how we spent our day at this camping site.
About the Place
If you want to experience the wilderness, adventure, camping under the stars, yet not giving up on comfort, safety and other amenities. Nature Adventure Camp is the perfect place for you.
The moment we reached this place it felt like we are in the middle of nowhere. Lush green open surroundings, Beautiful lake on the foothill of the mountains and no tar roads. It was absolutely peaceful & pristine. Inside the property there were only minimalistic structures including the cafeteria and some cottages, rest all was either lush green flora or open grounds.
Nature Adventure camp is located at Kanakpura, 50 kms away from Bangalore in the Bananthimari forest region. The beautiful Hosadoddi Lake definitely adds to the charm and is also the center for water activities like Zip line, rappelling canoeing.
Inside the camp there are few permanent tents (which we used to store our belongings and also for change of clothes) these tents offered a beautiful view of the lake.
The camp provides basic amenities like washrooms, place to keep your belongings, food and refreshments, safety gears including helmet, gloves, harnesses, life jackets, and tents for camping. Although it would have been nice if the gears specially gloves and helmets were cleaner and more hygienic.
- Trekking: – To Devara Gudda hilltop in Bananthimaari forest. Unfortunately we could not trek due to shortage of time.
- Water Activities – Included Kayaking, Canoeing, Coracle & Swimming. But the best part was 300 metres Zip line that lands on water. It was a lot of fun.
- Rappelling / Bouldering /Wall climbing
- 360 Degree Rope course with different elements –I had never experienced any such activity before, it was definitely challenging, a bit scary but a great experience.
- Mud Games – Mud Kabbadi, Volleyball & Obstacle course. This is where you can have maximum fun in the group
- Team activities – we had an hour or so of fun team building activities and games which all of us really enjoyed. (More so as we were the winning team J )
Food –Our package included breakfast, Lunch and evening snacks. Breakfast was good, but lunch was not that great.
Best Time To Visit
All though natures adventure camp in Kanakpura is open all year round, but I feel the best time to experience the best should be post monsoon season. We enjoyed the mesmerizing view of the lake and the mountains. It really felt amazing!
What to carry – I can think of below mentioned things which should be carried. There can be further additions I am sure as per one’s requirement.
- Water proof bag pack
- Loose fitting clothes with shorts or cargoes
- Change of clothes/ Towel
- Trekking shoes/Sports shoes
- Slippers for water activities
- Water Bottle
- Cap/ Sunglasses
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Toiletries and medical kit
- Mosquito Repellent
- Personal Identification
To conclude, this camp is a perfect combination to enjoy the peaceful surroundings and admire nature at the same time an exciting destination for trying out adventure activities. All you need is a group of friends, families etc to enjoy at this beautiful place. I am sure I would definitely visit this splendid location again.